LoserKid Pinball Podcast – Interview with Keith Elwin (The GOAT)
The LoserKid Pinball Podcast asked some great questions of Keith Elwin, the designer of James Bond 60th Anniversary from Stern.
- Keith’s classic tourney picks: Frontier and High Speed
- Minor update for Godzilla coming out soon: 2/9 for 1.04 Code
- Terror of Mechagodzilla and another mini-wizard mode will be available from the quick start menu soon on Godzilla
- Discussion on Elwin’s code progression and learnings over his games. Power-ups and new ball save approach.
- Elwin talks about volunteering for the James Bond 60th Anniversary edition.
- The spinning disc homes to a specific position, so a little different than Avengers
- Discusses the addition of the 4th spinner in Bond 60th
- His High Score is 80,000 now on Bond 60th and can max out around 200,000ish. Challenges Karl Deangelo to roll it.
- Cheetah and Ali were some of the inspirations to Bond 60th design. Diamond Lady has a similar figure 8 shot.
- Discuss the tripable inline drops
- Elwin’s Favorite single level games: Frontier, Skateball, Eight Ball Deluxe, Alien Star
- Discussion on design team and decisions made for Bond 60th
- Elwin won’t have a cornerstone game coming out in 2023. His next designed game won’t be rushed and he has had a chance to redesign several shots because of it.
- What makes a great shot and how Elwin approaches designing one. Is the shot interesting or does it have a reason; like feeding a mech or toy.
- 2 full size flippers and 2 other flippers on his new game. 3 flippers on one side.
- Elwin personally has between 30 – 40 games
The Slam Tilt Podcast Celebrate 200th Episode – Interview Mark Penacho
Congratulations on 200 episodes to The Slam Tilt Podcast! Ron and Bruce might be a little rough around the edges, but they continue to have an amazing, humorous podcast. They touch on all areas of pinball, including tech and tournament talk, in a way that is enjoyable for everyone.
In their latest episode they interview Mark Penacho, software engineer at both Williams and now Stern Pinball.
- First game Panacho worked on was Earthshaker
- Discusses working with Steve Ritchie and Rollergames
- Stories about working with Python Angelo
- Fish Tales was his last game with Williams
- Is now the lead dev on James Bond 60th Anniversary at Stern Pinball
- He will go back to working on Insider Connected when Bond 60th is done
- Penacho gives some info on the rules in Bond 60th
Last Week’s Poll Results
Game Over for The Super Awesome Pinball Show
Poor Man’s Pinball Podcast – Ian is back on the Sloppiest Show on the Internet – In The Year 3000
Macho Pinball Revealed on Special When Lit Pinball Podcast
Make sure to check out the Latest Games and Rumors page.
Contact email@example.com for any questions or tips.