Rush Pinball – Quick Rules (3M’s and Extra Ball)
Learn the quick rules to Rush Pinball by Stern. Get an idea of the 3M’s (Modes, Multiballs, and Multipliers) as well as how to get extra balls.
- Shoot 2 lit record shots until red light is flashing on Time Machine
- Hit the Time Machine to start the mode
- Hit all of the flashing shots lit as the color of the mode to finish it
The mode you play is determined by the color of the records you collected the most of. There is a mode progress bar in the top left of the display screen.
Time Machine Multiballs have 3 different multiball options all started the same way
- Hit the Time Machine target 3 times when green lamp is on
- On Premium/LE the ramp will raise
- Hit the Time Machine to start the multiball
Each of the 3 multiballs; Red Barchetta, Subdivisions, and Fly By Night all have different rules with jackpots and super jackpots.
Far Cry Multiball is a 2 ball multiball.
- Hit both targets on the sides of the right ramp
- This lights the side scoop for lock
- After locking a ball in the scoop, hit a either scoop to start the multiball
- Jackpot shots are lit by different colors indicating the jackpot multiplier values
- Collect enough jackpots to light Time Machine for super jackpot
After the first Far Cry multiball, lighting locks also requires hitting the right ramp.
Freewill Multiball is a 2 ball multiball.
- Hit instrument drops to lock in the lit instrument
- Knock down the remaining drops to collect the lit instrument
- Collect all three instruments to light the Freewill lane
- Hit the Freewill lane to start multiball
- All shots are lit for jackpots
- Hitting a jackpot shot makes it a super jackpot shot
After the first Freewill multiball, lighting locks requires more completions of the instruments.
Shot multipliers are lit by hitting rainbow shots after a mode is either qualified or finished and will last the remainder of the ball. More shot multipliers can be lit by hitting the same record color shots as the qualified mode before starting the mode. These only last while playing the mode.
Light an extra ball at either the side scoop or under flipper shot:
- Shoot enough ramps
- Collect 5 albums
- Mystery award
Video and Detailed Rulesheet:
Stern Official Rulesheet: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Rush-Rulesheet.pdf