— QUICK HITS —
Guns N’ Roses Updates, Wizard Modes, Band Members
Last week Jersey Jack released code updates for Guns N Roses Pinball – check it out!
Karl DeAngelo at IE Pinball shared the Wizard Modes for GNR in a recent stream – check out the VOD below (major spoilers though!!):
Also, two of the band members shared pics after receiving their unique GNR machines – check it out!!
IE Pinball: Stranger Things Wizard Mode Challenge
Last Week’s Poll Results
The Super Awesome Pinball Show: Roger Sharpe Interview
The guys at The Super Awesome Pinball Show were joined by Roger Sharpe in part 2 of his interview! Among other things, he discussed:
- the Fast and Furious license
- the difficulty with the streaming services vs. movie releases
- the commercial locations being the future of the industry
- the importance of home buyers
- HBO Max and Disney Plus and content from those platforms
- the success of Medieval Madness and Attack From Mars
- the importance of playing pinball machines before deciding if you like them
- the expectations of Brian Eddy with Stranger Things and Pat Lawlor with Dialed In and other designers
- his intrigue in the mini modes in newer games
- deeproot and manufacturers announcing games before they’re ready
- deeproot’s plan on rules and downloadable content
- the cost of games today
- the cost of toppers today
- pinball being a sport and the future of competition pinball
- the upcoming movie about him and pinball
- books he’s written and contributed to
The Pinball Brothers: Alien Gameplay
Last week the Pinball Brothers released a short gameplay video of Alien pinball – check it out!
American Pinball New Hire: Jack Haeger
Today American Pinball is announcing the hiring of their new Art Director, Jack E. Haeger! Check out the press release below:
American Pinball and Aimtron Corporation are proud to announce our newest hire, Jack E. Haeger, as Art Director.
Jack is an award-winning interactive entertainment veteran with extensive experience as a game designer, art director and team leader within the video game, pinball, slot, and redemption game industries.
Starting at Williams Electronics, Jack helped design the classic game SiniStar before joining Williams’ teammates in Silicon Valley to develop the Amiga Computer – where he also worked with artist Andy Warhol to help him use the revolutionary Amiga in his New York studio.
Jack has contributed to memorable video game titles such as NARC, Terminator 2, Revolution X, NHL Open Ice and CarnEvil and helped to build MIDWAY Games into a creative powerhouse, hiring key talent and establishing state of the art video digitizing studios and working to perfect the processes that led to mega-hit franchises like Mortal Kombat, NBA JAM, and NFL Blitz, while also producing various pinball concepts and sculpting on Williams Elvira and the Party Monsters pin.
At Team Play, Inc. Jack reunited with MIDWAY legends Ken Fedesna and Brian Smolik to help contribute to the design of innovative redemption products such as Fish Bowl Frenzy, Family Guy Bowling and a record-earning 4-Player mini-pinball called Spins Ahoy! as well as other popular products.
Jack Haeger has also been a frequent contributor to STERN Pinball, providing concept design as well as final artwork for titles such as Ultimate Spider Man and Star Wars.
The Watch Men: Interview with David Thiel
Last week the folks at The Watch Men YouTube channel interviewed David Thiel! He talks about Time Machine and his work on that, Back to the Future’s influence on Time Machine being the theme, his work in pinball, and much more – check it out!
Geekazine: Interview with Zach Sharpe
Last week the folks at the Geekazine YouTube channel interviewed Zach Sharpe! He talks about Stern Pinball, the Led Zeppelin license and the features of Led Zeppelin, and much more – check it out!
ICYMI: This Week in Pinball January 2021 Recap
Check it out!
— Cool and Crazy Stuff —
Inside Joe Pesci’s $6.5 million New Jersey beach house
New Twitch Streamer
This guy recently started streaming on Twitch – he owns no pinball pinball machine, but he started teaching himself to use Fusion 360 a couple years ago. His streams have just been reverse engineering mechs so far, but he plans on doing some layout streams in the future – check it out here!!
Marco Celebrates 36 Years!!
Check it out!!
Other Quick Hits:
- Happy birthday Martin Robbins, Taylor Reese, Kevin Manne, Joshua Clay, Steve Ritchie, Michael Grant, Greg Bone, and Frieden Liebe!!
- Get well soon – Matt at Back Alley and Mike Vinikour!!
Team Pinball: The Mafia
Circus Maximus: Kingpin, Python’s Pinball Circus
Homepin: Thunderbirds, Chinese Zombies
Suncoast Pinball: Cosmic Carnival
Great Lakes Pinball: Exposé
Dutch Pinball: Bride of Pinbot 2.0, Bride of Pinbot 3.0 (on hold), The Big Lebowski (production/legal issues)
Silver Castle Pinball: Timeshock
Phénix Pinball: Goblin Contest
Pinball Adventures: Punny Factory, Sushi-Mania, Ninja Mania, First Class, Canada Eh!